Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Pregnancy Counseling Center



Yesterday I had a great day! 
Casey (my sister) and I went to the Pregnancy Counseling Center (PCC) to check it out and see how we can help them. I was trying to get a feel of how this place is ran and what their needs are. I learned that one of the easiest things to do is to wash and organize the baby clothes. There is a big room with bins that hold different baby necessities.



 Some of the bins are full and some are low or empty. There is a constant flow a young girls who come in to collect a bag of needed items from this place. I felt the need to take a little action and do what I can do to help keep those bin full.
This is a bin that happens to be low. It is for baby bottles.


We washed a load and a half of clothes and put together "Layette Sets". This is a package that the PCC give to young girls who will be giving birth soon. This package includes basic baby needs. I took a photo of the list of everything that a volunteer should put in a layette set. Once we stuffed all these things in a bag, Casey and I had fun decorating the bag to look like a gift with ribbons and stuffed animals.


I am so excited and pumped to do more for this place. The PCC is a critical part of being an alternative for abortions (btw an abortion clinic is one street away). I can't wait to get back there next week and do more. 

Casey and I are plotting a bunch of things to help raise money and supplies for this place. I will definitely post on this subject again (... and again I'm sure). I will let you know what we are planning and maybe you would like to be a part of  it too!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that sounds so awesome, lindy! you guys are inspiring me:)