Saturday, November 29, 2008

Feasting with the Family

This is how our Thanksgiving Feast Day went. Justin and I are so thankful for our family and we love to hang out with them. We went to my mom and dad's house for the main part of the day and we got to hang out with family that we don't get to see often enough, which was fun.

Here is Jo Jo slapping Justin's face before the feast.

Mmmm. Love this girl.

I caught the paparazzi in action. They all happen to be siblings.

Our cousin Andy with grandma and grandpa Ricker. Andy just finished  his tours in Iraq recently and now he's going to school. Very thankful that he is safe and doing Great!

Our cousin's Amy and Kai with their cutey kids! It was great to catch up with them. Wish we lived closer to each other.

Josh and Krysta on the phone... taking away from family bonding time. They happen to be siblings too.

Oh yes, and I messed up dessert for the family this year. I forgot and botched a couple things.

So, I made a special trip to get dessert plates and napkins. Forgot them at home. 
Casey told me to bring vanilla icecream. Forgot to buy it. 
See these lovely steaming pies... they turned out to be a bust!
These are Apple Tarte Tatin pies. They are supposed to be French upside down caramel apple pies. When I flipped them, caleb said, "It looks like apple sauce". Yes, and it tasted like apple sauce too. Last year these pies turned out great, so I was very sad to botch them this year.
Dessert was still had by all, but no thanks to me.

So, The end of the day was great at Justin's parents house. We ate leftovers and toasted with some great wine. Here is Justin's Thanksgiving snack. Chips dipped in fudge. Didn't try it myself, but he sure enjoyed it.


No comments: