Thursday, November 5, 2009

Took A Stroll

I took Titus on a walk to my mom's house which is about a 15 min walk away. On the way there, I walked down Palm Ave with no sidewalk. Although it is the shortest distance... It is not fun to push a stroller in the gutter and have cars driving pretty close to you. When I got to my mom's house, I called the city and requested a side walk be put in on that street. They took my request and told me to call them back in 10 or 15 days to see the progress on it. I was happy they seemed like they cared even though I know a sidewalk isn't going to appear there overnight. (If anyone else cares to request a sidewalk on Palm between the streets of Beechwood Pl and Maplewood Pl approximately, you can call 951-826-5311). Palm does have room for a sidewalk and I am only requesting for it to be on at least one side of the road.

On the way back to my house I walked the longer way and took Brockton which is parallel to Palm, but it has a sidewalk. It was a lovely walk and the weather was perfect.

Here is Titus' view.

Love that silhouette.

And it's as if the walk was meant to end where we live. The sidewalk disappears after you pass our house. You can ignore the dead grass. That's not so lovely.



5 comments:

Witness My Fitness said...

I love that you took a picture of Titus' view...very creative! :)

Amy Blevins said...

Hi Lindy,
You got some great pictures! Titus is so cute! If you get the time, I would like to see some pictures of your house. Since we are not there to see it. Thanks for keeping in contact.
Amy Blevins

cristine said...

He is so stinkin cute! I want to meet him one day!

Casey Angulo said...

Tidy!!!!! Smoochy gushy goo goo.

Love, Your Auntie.

Rhi J said...

good girl.way to call them. let's hope for a sidewalk...tell them it helps fight obesity by having sidewalks available! hehe